This is me

This is me

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

This is NOT the language they taught me in the MTC!!

Here are a few parts of Elder Meine's first e-mail from being in Panama for a week!

"HOLY CRAP. This has been the craziest week I've had in my entire life!!  We got to Panama tuesday night, and we got our trainers the next day and then started working. Here, the call the trainers 'parents', the greenies their 'kids', and when you start you are 'born' and when you go home you 'die'. My 'father' is Elder Polio. He is from El Salvador and speaks very Little English. He helps me a lot with the language, or at least as best as he can. 



I have a fun Little thing for you to try. There a few slang words in spanish that we use all the time, and im going to share them with you if you want to use them or whatever hahaha! They might not be spelled right, but I'll try my best.
Buko: a whole more than a lot. Like, a LOT. Example: There is buko rice on my plate!
Chuso: dang it!
Panga: crazy, weird, or stupid
Speaking of which, we eat rice and chicken ALL THE TIME. So far everything has been delicious expect for this one thing we had that Elder Arismendi called rice with milk. It was nasty, and he had to finish it for me. It was a drink with chunks of rice in it, and it was panga."

If you get the chance, please write him.  He is very homesick for Idaho!

Here are a few MTC pictures that I forgot to post last week....









No comments:

Post a Comment