This is me

This is me

Monday, January 5, 2015

Feliz Año Nuevo!!

Happy New Year!

We asked Elder Meine some questions this week!!

1. Did you and the other Missionaries do anything for New Year's?
New Year's Day we had 3 zones gather in one church building  to have silly relay races  and play sports  and all that stuff.  We actually got to play basketball in an indoor gym which was awesome!

2. Who is the most interesting person you met this week?
We met a guy this week who I've only talked to one time before named Oscar.  He's really cool, but the reason this is also interesting  is that he  invited us to his birthday party already!  Haha! He said he wants all of his friends of all religions to show up without arguing  about stuff  and just enjoy  a good time together.

3. What I one way that your mission has changed you so far?
It's gotten me in a good habit of prayer and scripture study in the morning, which is something I want to do for the rest of my life.  I also know Spanish now which is a plus! Haha

4. What is your favorite thing to read during personal study time?
I have the book Jesus the Christ by James E Talmage and it is AMAZING!

5. When you do your personal study time do you read your scriptures in Spanish or English?
I'm reading them in Spanish  to learn faster and because I want to finish the Book of Mormon in Spanish.  But I also have the English ones right next to me to translate or clarify things whenever I don't completely understand.

6. Is there a food that you had in Panama that you wish they had in Idaho?
Look up 'batidos' on Google. It's not a food , but it is delicious.  

7. Who has been the biggest influence on your mission so far to you and why?
I couldn't really pick one person. My first ZL Elder Arismendi, my first Bishop (Diaz), Hermana Ingrid from Santa Librada and President Carmack all make the list so far.


This week Elder Meine sent pictures but forgot to capture his face in any of them.  He was scolded and will do so next week haha!

New Year's Fireworks in Panama


A little game we did at our New Year's Missionary Party



Arcade time for P-Day!



Elder Mejia posing in the middle of the road.





The caption for these pictures said " I hurt my finger. Don't worry mom."



No comments:

Post a Comment